Tantra Vidya: Part 2 – Tantric Yoga and the Sacred Fire
CEs with Yoga Alliance, IAYT: 23 (18 contact + 5 non-contact)
As above, so below. This tantric yoga training dives deep, creatively unmasking the role of the Divine (both feminine and masculine) in our yoga study and practice. Study the Sacred Fire, including the 10 Wisdom Goddesses, or Maha Vidyas. Not only is the path of Shakti aimed at spiritual awakening, but also supports outer abundance, inner freedom and deep intimacy.
With a treasure trove of practices, meditations, visualizations, mantras, teachings, and beautiful stories, this course is a mini Sri Vidya training and provides practical tools for activating the currents of the Divine in every aspect of your life. Sri Vidya literally means “most powerful and secret knowledge in spiritual world,” and helps you answer the all important question: How do you serve the world selflessly, yet passionately celebrate your life?
About This Training
The Tantric Yoga and the Sacred Fire training dives deep into unmasking the role of Divine in our yoga study and practice. One of the most misunderstood teachings of yoga come from Tantra – a sister science and philosophy that includes Yoga. In this training, we will clear up the confusion around Tantric philosophy, and dive into the study of the sacred in the form of the Sacred Fire, including a study of the 10 Maha Vidyas, or 10 Wisdom Goddesses. Learn who they are, how we can align with their intelligence, and how to help realize that life is a gift!
Led by Tanya Boigenzahn, an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, Reiki Master and Healing Touch Certified Practitioner, and Thai Yoga Bodywork Teacher/Therapist, brings not only her feminine and intuitive energy to this training, but also infuses the work with tips, tools, and holistic recommendations for you and your students.
- The 5 schools of Tantra, including the Shakta Tradition of the Divine as Feminine
- Foundations of Sri Vidya Philosophy
- How agni, or fire, is the central symbol AND embodiment of the Sacred in all spiritual traditions
- Intro to the 10 Maha Vidyas (10 Wisdom Goddesses of Tantra)
- Characteristics and qualities of the 10 Goddesses including form, mantra, yantra, meditation practices, strengths, and more
- Role of Divine Feminine vs. Divine Masculine in today’s world
- How the Sacred show up in Ayurveda and how to include it in practice
- Daily rituals to integrate the Sacred Fire and Divine into your daily life
- The psychology of the Goddesses
- How to bring these teachings not only into your personal practice, but also into your teaching in a way that honors all paths, including differing spiritual and religious backgrounds
- Apply and embody the Teachings with sequencing exercises, practice teaching, as well as group and personal activities
- and much more!
Open to all dedicated Yoga practitioners, Yoga Therapists, Mediation practitioners of different lineages, Ayurveda professionals. Some yoga experience recommended.
Tantric Yoga and the Wisdom Goddesses by David Frawley
It is recommended that you read the book before the training begins. For those of you interested in CEs with YA or IAYT, the reading and its corresponding book quiz is mandatory.
Shakti Rising: Embracing Shadow and Light on the Goddess Path to Wholeness by Kavitha M. Chinnaiyan, MD
Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton
Want Continuing Education (CE) credit?
CEs: 23 with Yoga Alliance for RYTs and IAYT for Certified Yoga Therapists.
To earn CEs, students must attend all scheduled contact hours (or submit notes for missed classes) and complete a book quiz assignment due 40 days after course to earn CE Cert. This is an optional requirement and not necessary to take the course unless you want to. Certificate of Completion emailed upon completion.
This is a stand alone training, as well is part of the 340hr Yoga Teacher Training at Devanadi.
- Manual for course
- Detailed stick figures of all practices
- Certificate of Completion and 23 CE’s from Yoga Alliance and IAYT (18 contact hours, 5 non contact hours) – optional
- Video streaming access of course for 6 months after the course ends
- Audio recordings are available for purchase for $40 post training ($75 for Parts 1 & 2)
- Please read our Cancellation Policy below before registering.
- Please bring your yoga mat and props, and something to sit on if needed.
- Please also bring a notebook and pen.
- Lunch break is 1 (Mondays) or 1.5 (Weekends) hours per day. There are many local restaurants nearby, or bring a lunch as we have a kitchen on-site.
Registration & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. This training requires 2 week notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive a studio credit, less $50 cancellation fee PER TRAINING. If you cancel within 2 weeks of a training, payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows will receive no credit. Cancellation must be received by Devanadi by phone or email.
- Early Bird Payment Details: Pay in full by the early bird date to receive the early bird pricing or your registration will be updated to reflect the regular pricing.