Tantra Vidya: Part 1 – Foundations of Tantric Hatha Yoga
CEs with Yoga Alliance, IAYT: 23 (18 contact + 5 non-contact)
This Tantra Vidya training brings the best tools and practices to give you a firm foundation in Tantric Hatha Yoga. Explore yoga asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, meditation and more. Especially supportive in our modern times, Tantra offers reprieve from today’s problems and challenges as it helps free the mind with its thriving, sustainable worldview to evolve beyond our suffering.
About This Training
Tantra is an ancient wisdom tradition that stems from the lineage of the Himalayan Masters and Traditional Hatha Yogis who, through their Sadhana (practice), have kept the fires of the Teachings burning long before recorded history. Especially supportive in our modern times, Tantra offers reprieve from today’s problems and challenges as it helps free the mind with its thriving, sustainable worldview to evolve beyond our suffering.
This immersion helps you weave Tantra’s unique worldview into your life with its tools and practices into what is known as Tantric Hatha Yoga, and its three stages of practice: Moon, Sun and Fire. Rather than a linear path of growth, you are invited to experience how the Moon, Sun and Fire practices work together in unity for a holistic approach to overall progression on the path. Leaning into the sacred texts such as the Gheranda Samhita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, gain valuable tools serve your individual needs or the needs of your students. Unlock the potential of practice to healing on many levels, as well as experience direct realization of higher truths, awaken clear seeing, unlock the empowerment to personal, professional and spiritual excellence and unsurpassed joy.
Each class will build on the next in order to elevate your practice and understanding of the science of Yoga and Tantra. Practices are designed to enliven your connection to prana (life force). Dharma talks will help transform how you see the terrain of practice, yourself and your life.
Practices will weave asana, mudra, kriya, marma chikitsa (therapy), pranayama, meditation, lecture and Q&A.
Led by Tanya Boigenzahn, a ERYT 500hr certified Tantric Hatha Yoga teacher, Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, Reiki Master and Healing Touch Certified Practitioner, and Thai Yoga Bodywork Teacher/Therapist, she brings not only her feminine and intuitive energy to this training, but also infuses the work with tips, tools, and holistic recommendations for you and your students.
- The 7 stages of practice defined by the Gheranda Samhita
- Asana Practices to allow the unconscious to become conscious, to increase our sensitivity to energy, and to invite a connection to the sacred
- Pranayama to allow the mind to move towards stillness, to build and hold energy, and to allow the mind to move beyond thoughts
- Meditation leading to a calm, clear, tranquil mind, to lead to expansion of energy, and to connect to a radiant mind, one with Source
- Chanting to awaken the lunar, solar and divine forces within
- Purification tools to steady the mind and balance energy, to build prana and increase energy, and to polish the temple of the body
- Chakras and subtle anatomy
- Learn how to prepare to awaken Kundalini Shakti in a sustainable way
- Risks and benefits associated with awakening Kundalini
- Apply and embody the Teachings with exercises, practice teaching, as well as group and personal activities
- and much more!
Open to all dedicated Yoga practitioners, Yoga Therapists, Meditation practitioners of different lineages, Ayurveda professionals. Some yoga experience recommended.
- Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati (first 200 pages)
It is recommended that you read the book before the training begins. For those of you interested in CEs with YA or IAYT, the reading and its corresponding book quiz is mandatory.
- Tantra Unveiled* by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Gheranda Samhita by James Mallinson
Want Continuing Education (CE) credit?
CEs: 23 with Yoga Alliance for RYTs and IAYT for Certified Yoga Therapists.
To earn CEs, students must attend all scheduled contact hours (or submit notes for missed classes) and complete a book quiz assignment due 40 days after course to earn CE Cert. This is an optional requirement and not necessary to take the course unless you want to. Certificate of Completion emailed upon completion.
This is a stand alone training, as well is part of the 340hr Yoga Teacher Training at Devanadi.
- Manual for course
- Detailed stick figures of all practices
- Certificate of Completion and 23 CE’s from Yoga Alliance and IAYT (18 contact hours, 5 non contact hours) – see above for details
- Video streaming access of the course for 6 months after the course ends
- Audio recordings of the training are available for purchase for $45 post training ($85 for Parts 1 & 2)
- Please read our Cancellation Policy below before registering.
- Please bring your yoga mat and props, and something to sit on if needed.
- Please also bring a notebook and pen.
- Lunch break is 1.5 hours per day. There are many local restaurants nearby, or bring a lunch as we have a kitchen on-site.
Registration & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. This training requires 2 week notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive a studio credit, less $50 cancellation fee PER TRAINING. If you cancel within 2 weeks of a training, payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows will receive no credit. Cancellation must be received by Devanadi by phone or email.
- Early Bird Payment Details: Pay in full by the early bird date to receive the early bird pricing or your registration will be updated to reflect the regular pricing.